The purpose of this privacy notice is to explain how we collect and use your personal data.
Paylink Solutions Limited is registered in England and Wales under company number 10318423 and our registered office address is Kempton House, Kempton Way, PO Box 9562, Grantham, Lincolnshire.
Our Data Protection Officer is Dale Stringer
You can contact us using the following details:
Address: Kempton House, Kempton Way, PO Box 9562, Grantham, Lincolnshire
Telephone: 01476 517 661
Personal data collection and processing
The categories of personal data we collect and process are:
- Basic personal information such as your name, gender, address history, date of birth, telephone number(s) and email address;
- Information about your family and personal circumstances (such as marital status and financial dependents);
- Details of your income and expenditure;
- Details of your employment status and/or benefit awards;
- Photographic identification such as a passport or driving licence;
- Current and historic financial information including account details, transactional history and outstanding credit commitments;
- Banking details such as an account number and sort code;
- Details of health and medical conditions but only when you have given explicit consent.
Why we collect and process your personal data
We collect and process personal data for the following reasons:
- To check the details and information that you or a third party have provided us with;
- To check your credit history;
- To confirm your identity;
- To help us manage your account if you enter into a agreement with us (for example, to keep your information up to date,);
- To view information about you and how you manage your account and repayments.
- If we suspect or identify fraud, money laundering or any other criminal activity.
- To assist us in performing the service we provide to you.
How we obtain your personal data
We obtain personal data from a number of sources which include:
- Information you give to us;
- Information if you have previously held an account with us;
- Information that we acquire through our relationship with you and the way you operate your account (such as repayment history);
- Information obtained from credit reference and fraud prevention agencies.
- Information obtained from your bank through open banking agencies with your explicit consent.
Credit Reference Agency
Credit reference agencies retain a record of the enquiries we make and may record, use and supply the information we give them. This information may be used by other lenders, insurers and other organisations. We, law enforcement agencies and other organisations may also access and use this information to prevent and detect fraud, money laundering and other criminal activity. While all reasonable endeavours are taken to verify the accuracy of the data provided, it cannot be guaranteed that it is completely accurate as some information comes from other businesses which get their information from other sources e.g. electoral register.
We use TransUnion trading as Call Credit to obtain information about your financial standing and history and for fraud prevention purposes. In the event of a query or dispute you should contact us in the first instance. If this isn’t resolved you may refer the query or dispute to TransUnion, their contact information is:
- Address: 1 Park Lane, Leeds, West Yorkshire, LS3 1EP
- Phone: 0330 024 7574
- Website: transunion.co.uk/contact-us/consumer-enquiries
We use Experian to obtain information about your financial standing and history and for fraud prevention purposes. If you would like a copy of the information held by Experian, their contact information is:
- Address: Experian Ltd, PO BOX 9000, Nottingham, NG80 7WF
- Phone: 0344 481 0800
- Website: https://ins.experian.co.uk/contact
We use Equifax to obtain information about your financial standing and history and for fraud prevention purposes. If you would like a copy of the information held by Equifax, their contact information is:
- Address: Equifax Ltd, PO Box 10036, Leicester, LE3 4FS
- Phone: TBA
- Website: https://equifaxuk.custhelp.com/app/utils/login_form/redirect/ask
Open Banking is a secure method of providing access to your financial information both for yourself and for other financial organisations. For more information about open banking please see https://www.openbanking.org.uk
We use Credit Kudos to obtain information from your bank account(s) only with explicit consent. This service is optional and further information will be available before using this provision.
- Address: 4 Bath Place, London, EC2A 3DR
- Phone: TBA
- Website: https://www.creditkudos.com/about
We use AccountScore to obtain information from your bank account(s) only with explicit consent. This service is optional and further information will be available before using this provision.
- Address: 286 Euston Road, London NW1 3DP,
- Phone : 0207 0303000
- Website: https://www.accountscore.com
Sharing your personal data with third parties
We may share your personal data with third parties such as:
- A third party nominated by you, who acts on your behalf such as a relative, advice agency or legal representative;
- Details of your account information and transactional history with a credit reference agency;
- A third party who acts as our agent such as a debt collection agency, or our legal representatives;
- A lender;
- A third party where we are required by law such as enforcement agencies, judicial bodies, government entities, tax authorities, regulatory bodies and ombudsmen/reconciliation schemes.
How long will we keep your data for and how do we protect it?
We will retain your personal data for no longer than one year from the date of access unless.
You have entered into an agreement with us, whereby we will retain your personal data for six year from the date your agreement ends, or longer if required to do so by a regulator or by law. This will help us to answer any enquiries or resolve any complaints you may have. After this period, your personal data will be deleted and/or anonymised.
Safeguarding your personal data is paramount to the way we run our business. Data will be processed in a manner that ensures appropriate security of your personal data, including protection against unauthorised or unlawful processing and against accidental loss, destruction or damage using appropriate technical and organisational measures.
Any personal data we collect from you will not be transferred outside the European Economic Area.
Your data rights
- Access – you have the right to access the personal data we hold about you. This information is provided to you free of charge however, we can refuse to respond or charge a ‘reasonable fee’ when a request is manifestly unfounded, excessive or repetitive.
- Rectification – you have the right to rectify inaccurate personal data we hold about you. If personal data is incomplete, taking into account the purposes of the processing, you also have the right to have incomplete data completed. If any personal data has been disclosed to a third party, such as a credit reference agency, we will also inform them that the personal data has been rectified.
- Erasure – in specific circumstances, you can ask us to delete your personal data. If the processing of your personal data is necessary from compliance with a legal obligation, the establishment, exercise or defence of a legal claim then we will not be able to delete your personal data.
- Restriction – in specific circumstances, you have the right to restrict us processing your personal data.
- Portability – where technically feasible, you have the right to have your data transmitted by us to another data controller.
- Objection – you have the right to object to us processing your personal data, unless we can demonstrate compelling and legitimate grounds for processing which may override your own interests, or where we need to investigate and protect us or others from legal claims.
- Withdraw consent – where you have given consent to the processing of your personal data, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time. This will not affect the lawfulness of processing which is based on consent prior to your withdrawal.
- Complaints – if you wish to raise a complaint about how we have handled your personal data, you can contact us directly using the methods in this privacy notice. We hope that we can address any concerns you may have. You can also contact the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO). The ICO helpline is 0303 123 1113 and you can find further information on their website: ico.org.uk
Should you also wish to opt out of Google Analytics tracking across all websites please visit http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout
Links to websites of other providers third parties
Please note that this data privacy notice only applies to this service and we are not responsible for, and have no control over, information that is submitted to or collected by third parties, such as those where our website may provide links. You are responsible for reviewing and abiding by the privacy policies of these third party sites.
If at any time we become aware that your data has been compromised, or that a breach of our systems and controls has occurred, which has an impact on the security of your data, we will notify the Information Commissioner’s Office, and you, without undue delay.
We reserve the right to suspend access to the services and/or any data or information derived from the service if we or any third party used within this service considers there is, or is likely to be a security breach, the consumer is misusing the services or data or any information derived from the data or the use of the services, data or information derived from the data is in any way detrimental to the customer or any third party used in this service.
Due to the further development of our website, government regulations or the implementations of new technologies, this policy will be reviewed, and may change, from time to time. We reserve the right to change this data protection information at any time with effect for the future. The revised policy will be posted to this page so that you are always aware of the information we collect, how we use it and under what circumstances we disclose it. Last updated: 19 Jul 2019